TROUBLED HEART

She was pretty, she was nice,
who felt my pulse in a day thrice.
Wearing a stetho around her neck,
bright were her eyes behind the specs.
With  mischievous smile,
when she pricked the needle of a syringe,
Oh! God What a pain!!...........
Hey!!! Not in the vein…….
But in the Heart!!!
Alas! Only a sufferer could understand.

That day when I was discharged, I was sad.
No more I’ll get to see her.
Her tender hands never to feel my pulse again.
With a heavy heart, I left.

Weeks after, when the date was due,
I went for removal of my suture,
I was quite excited.
With a wish say her Hi,
I entered the ward, to which I was admitted before.
I found her.
Saw her attending a man in the same bed,
whose fractured leg was tied up in the air.
With same smile she was then pricking a needle into him.
Felt pity for the man, who must have lost his heart by then.
Giving my advancing emotions a back gear,
I told to myself, “It’s always better to call a nurse as sister”

TROUBLED HEART - (A poem by me "Troubled Heart", I scribed few of the lines during my recent stay in Apollo Hospital Bhubaneswar.)


Comments

Popular Posts