At an Incredible Part of Bhubaneswar - A 10 Min one Act Play in English

At An Incredible Part of Bhubaneswar -  A 10 Min one Act Play in English

Characters:

Sunil: Age- 24-27Yrs
Mita: Age 23-26Yrs
Old Woman : 50-60 Yrs of Age

Timeline : In Past

It is a fine day as Mita braved to climb up on winding ghat road to the hilltop of Daulagiri, with her modest Hero-Puch, with Sunil  (her batch mate in her engineering college) at the pillion seat.

Act I ( Scene -1) - At the Base of The Hill

Sunil: Can you handle it? We should walk, instead.

Mita: You should not question someone you love, moreover it is you, who should be doing stunts not me, Hai re mo bhagay (my bad luck!)

Sunil: What can I do, If I don't know to ride?

Mita: Do nothing, Just hold me tight.

Sunil: I better hold the side rod.

Mita: Why? Are you shy?

Sunil: 'No, if hold you tight, there are chances you will lose control on the handle'

Mita: 'eeen, Smart fellow'

With full swing on top gear Mita could manage to take the wheels to the top of the hill.

 ( Scene -2) - On the Top of the Hill,

Sunil: Bravo !

Mita: Thank you

Sunil: let's go to that side of the hill, the view is incredible there. We can see the bird eye view of Bhubaneswar City

 Mita: Have you came here earlier? (Enquires Mita with an authoritative tone)

 Sunil: 'Yes, why?'

Mita: 'With whom?'

Sunil: 'With someone...Why what happened?'

 Mita: 'Tell me truth boy, else I will push you down'

Sunil:'For just that, you will push me down?'

Mita:  'If I say, I came here with not just one but many, how many time you will push me down'

'You scoundrel hiding behind an innocent face! I know you all boys are damn same'

Sunil: 'O ho ! 'is it?! now blames goes to the fraternity'

(Sunil Laughs and Indiactes Mita's Head)

'You are different, and also bit crack there.
I came here with my school mates during excursion to Bhubaneswar while we were passing out 10th '

Mita: 'oh!'

Sunil: 'For you Bubaneswaiain, these are places not just places of interest but places of love interests, isn't it?'

Mita: 'Do not at least lecture here'

Sunil: 'Oh! I am lecturing now!'

Mita: 'We are not here to quarrel, but to celebrate'

Sunil: 'But I am actually not in a mood to celebrate' (Sunil Becomes Serious and thoughtful)

 Mita: 'Man! you are selected in the campus recruitment, you are selected for job in a reputed MNC!'

Sunil: 'I wanted you too also be selected, we could have been together. I don't know how these four years of engineering has passed and it is your presence that made a bitter-beginning, a lovable and swifter time here  and more over I started feeling homely in this beautiful town.  I want it should last more'

Mita: 'In that case we have to fail in our final exam. But no choice at hand, we have written it nicely!'

Old Woman: 'Cucumbers, Fresh Cucumbers, Babu like have some cucumbers these are fresh and tastes good with the salted masala',  said an old woman who was selling cucumber near by on the Hilltop.

Sunil: 'Give us two' said Sunil as he handed over the money to her.

Mita: 'So, Its a cucumber treat?'

Sunil: ' Wish I could do more......'

Mita: 'I don't want it now, make it big, and give me a bigger treat'

Sunil: 'You were, indeed different from other and we both make a strange combination. I will miss you.'

Mita: 'Don't miss me, do good job and become a Big person'

Sunil: 'What are your plans?'

Mita: 'No plan as such, thinking to write GRE'

Sunil: 'Planning for abroad?'

Mita: 'Let's see 'Why don't you try?

Sunil: "What? GRE?'

Mita: 'Yes'

Sunil: 'No, not at all...Even if I get also, it will be difficult to get there. No money'

Mita: 'As if I got many!'

Sunil: 'if not, your family can think about it but I have no family to think. It is me who needs to do all the 
thinking'

Mita: 'Yes you do  the job 1st.  Get settled and  Get Married'

Sunil: 'Ha! get Married'.

Sunil laughed it out. Both Mita and Sunil know it is there last meeting and there is rare to rarest chance of both be together in future.
They had their different ways and that made them came together in the brief period of engineering studies.

( Scene -3) - At the Base of The Hill

Time Line - Present

Sunil Drives a 300CC bike with Mita at pillion Seat

Mita: 'Are you sure you can do it?'

Sunil: ' Do you have any doubts?, you should trust the one you love'
'is it?' Yes, for safety you can hold me tight'

Mita:'Man, If I hold you tight, there are chances you may lose the handle'

Sunil: 'Don't worry about that. I have driven many big hills in the country. It is just a small one.  And It is not your Moped, but a 200CC heavy motor bike.'

Mita:'Do not forget, that It is me who had earlier driven you to the hill top, when you were fearing even to sit on the pillion'

(As they reached the top and went to side where they can see the bird eye view of Bhubaneswar, an older woman cried loud)

Old Woman: 'Babu and Maa, will you not try my cucumber once again?'

(Sunil was surprised to see the old woman remembering the, he asked, 'You remember us?!'
Sunil and Mita were happy to find someone other than them remember the day, they found their love for each other.)

As the Curtain Falls - In Background shows Views of Bhubaneswar on the Screen
and a voice in the Background narrates

They will keep on coming to the hill, with their children and grand children.  Because it is only place in the city, where one can find the bird eye view of the most beautiful city in India, Bhubaneswar.

And couples like Mita and sunil will return every time to this place no matter wherever their career will take them. Its Home!



Comments

Popular Posts