The Flute is All Yours

It was night of all nights,
that was decorated by the divine twilight,
as he held her in his arms, at the beautiful Yamuna banks.
She clung to him as a child,
Surrendered to the warmth of his heart,
and wished to become his inseparable part.

They had many a things to say each other,
Not a single both could utter,
Instead their hearts did all the speaking,
and added rhythm, to the music of the river,
flowing downstream.

Ages could have passed thus,
But he broke the silence,
With a deplorable voice,
“My love, I am leaving tomorrow,
It’s the cruel king’s plan; in some bloody sport,
to have me killed…
As the secret is revealed,
I am that ‘Royal Blood’,
As the sages foretold,
The king shall be killed, in these hands.
when I am done with all,
I‘ll return back to you, my princesses of love”

That very moment she felt an unkind difference,
The difference between him and her,
That can be never made at par for ever.
With a choked voice she said,
“I know you’ll, will return,
But not as that carefree boy,
who takes herd to the fields,
plays tunes in his flute,
and mesmerizes the whole universe.
Instead you’ll return as a great warrior,
who speaks words of wisdom,
and have many followers.
I’ll be then a simple cowherd girl,
Missing her care free friend,
who wears a peacock feather on his head.

He was all silent……….
as the warm tears roll down her face.

Wiping it off, again she spoke
“Kanha!! Nothing I ask of you,
but let me have your flute,
it will be something
that will never change with time,
and thus you’ll be ever mine”

he also couldn’t hold his tears,
taking Radha in his arms again
he handed over “The Murli” to her
and said,
“The flute is all yours”

Listen the musical recital! on the poem in blow link:



 


Comments

Popular Posts